Thursday, May 7, 2009

Speaking about

job interviews...  I had one today... Apparently, it was a screening interview. And I was shocked: they were going to hold second interviews for at least 5 qualified applicants for a position that pays $10-12 per hour!!!  I was making more than twice as much as the higher number and was still complaining about being underpaid!  I mean, come on!!!  And the way the interviewer's eyes popped when I said what my last salary was - that was priceless, seriously.  Urghhh...  Somehow I feel they are trying to take advantage of the whole recession situation, and that in my view is just not good.  Should I say opportunistic? 

2 comments:

  1. I had an interview recently for a part-time gig (I'm transitioning back to school full-time in the fall). I'm trying to be proactive and get it lined up before I leave my current (well paid) job. The interviewer stopped just short of calling me stupid.

    Needless to say, I did not get a second interview. The fact that they were having second interviews for a post at a Doggie Daycare made me giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Second interviews at a doggy daycare?! Amazing! Oh, the nerve! So, what exactly did the interviewer find to be stupid? The fact that you in fact are being proactive???

    Congratulations on going back to school!

    (by the way, my interview was for a part time job too!)

    ReplyDelete