Thursday, May 7, 2009

Yesterday,

in the middle of a house-purchasing emergency Tom and I had lunch together.  (This is VERY rear, since he works and I don't and he never eats anyway until he comes home and then he consumes everything.)  So, during lunch we discussed, among other important things like my job interview, the idea of combining our wedding and a housewarming party.  In my view, the biggest challenge was the guest list, in Tom's - giving my family in Russia enough time to plan their trip to the States.  Eventually, he suggested having a small - family and close friends - ceremony earlier in the day and a cocktail reception / house warming party a bit later.  I thought it was brilliant!  At this point we decided to take a few days to think this over and confer again soon :)  And, frankly, I don't know what is there to discuss - I love the idea!  We are thinking of having the event some time in August - about a month and a half after we move and before my nephew's school starts in Russia.  I am excited and can't wait to start planning :)   

No comments:

Post a Comment