Friday, June 5, 2009

Hmmm...

Tom returned to me my scale after confiscating it for almost 2 weeks. He thinks I am addicted to weighing myself (I step on the scale every morning). My conviction is that weighing myself keeps me in check. The 2 week scale deprivation experiment has just proven my point. I have gained over 2 pounds.

Ever since moving to the States I have had to think of my weight. I don't know if it is the lifestyle or food or something else (like me aging)?.. And then, most recently, my weight has become my personal adversary who I fight every day. I am sooo tired of it. And it's not like I eat crap! No, I cook every day, I eat only fresh and mostly organic, I never eat fast food, I eat out rarely, I eat a ton of veggies and some fruit and berries, I don't eat processed foods and simple carbohydrates, I eat a lot of fish... why am I gaining weight?! I know that last week I just let myself go - I ate the same healthy food but in bigger quantities and I haven't worked out in a couple of weeks. This is explainable. But I still can't explain why I gain weight when I eat properly and exercise. Seriously!

Last year, I was almost 10 lb lighter!!!

I need to get back to that weight. I was not tiny but I was comfortable.

At times like this I realize that I am really a lucky person whose biggest problem is her weight... I will go now and rethink the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment