Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Inspired by

Smitten Kitchen's blog, I entertained Tom and his best friend visiting from CT on business the following gourmet way:

Appetizer:

Mussels steamed in white wine (everyone was super hungry, so I only got to snap a picture of leftovers and this is not their best representation!) with toasted crusty French bread:



Main course:

Braised lamb shanks in red wine sauce with mashed potatoes and grilled asparagus:



Dessert:

Raspberry donuts (Trader Joe's) and lemon sorbet (Double Rainbow). No photo here - too much food and wine had been consumed by that point for anyone (or me - precisely) to care about taking some silly food pictures :)))

P.S. I guess I did not size the images properly but they will show in their original form if you click on them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment