Thursday, August 20, 2009

New beginnings?

After my failed attempt to get back into the working world, Tom and I had a serious talk and decided that I will no longer look for a paralegal job. Tom has been encouraging me to start my own dog photography business for a while now - he is so supportive and empowering, it is unbelievable! I do lack education in the photography department, and having been married to a professional photographer before, I am super aware of my limitations. Ironically, my ex-husband was never too psyched about me taking photos, and now he praises me and thinks I can do it. I know, I have a good eye but I also know how much I don't know and it freaks me out. So, my first instinct is to sign up for a basic photography class. Tom's suggestion is to beg my way into an internship with an established pet photographer to see how the insides work. I guess it would be best to combine the two, but I am scared shitless to start...

So, the tasks are - signing up for a class and sending out letters to photographers.

3 comments:

  1. Do try to send your stuff to http://cuteoverload.com/ see what they like and try to get in - it's an insanely popular place

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the tip! Just checked it out - looks hilarious :)))) Will definitely send something of what I have :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. DOGGIE!!!

    Seriously, that's a great photo. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete